Octane colour shown available Q3 2013
- Boss 5.0 litre, supercharged DOHC 32 valve all-aluminium V8 engine
- Maximum power (DIN) 335kW @ 5750rpm Maximum torque (DIN) 570Nm @ 2200-5500rpm
- Bi-modal twin pipe quad outlet active exhaust system
- Brembo 4-piston brake calipers (front) with single-piston brake caliper (rear)
- Sports cloth seats with GT logo embroidery
- Premium 5-spoke 19" alloy wheels with machined face and Dark Argent accents
- Reverse camera with reverse sensing system
- Interior Command Centre (ICC) with advanced 8” colour touch screen and Bluetooth, USB & iPod connectivity
- Sports projector headlamps
The GT has arrived and has taken Australian performance motoring to a whole new level.
Powered by the supercharged Boss 5.0 litre V8 engine, the GT produces 335kW of power at 5,750rpm and 570Nm of torque at 2,200-5,500rpm, making it without doubt, the best GT FPV has ever created.
Matched to the performance is the Brembo braking package featuring 355 x 32mm cross-drilled and ventilated front rotors with Brembo 4-piston calipers and 328 x 26mm cross-drilled and ventilated rear rotors with single red piston caliper as standard. The GT also features the TR6060 6-speed manual with the technologically advanced ZF 6-speed automatic transmission with Sequential Sports Shift as no cost option.
And for the true V8 enthusiast, the GT (in addition to its GT-P sibling) has a Powertrain Control Module (PCM) controlled active exhaust system to deliver:
- Maximum V8 sound quality at idle and during car maneuvering and;
- Maximum V8 muscle car sound quality during spirited driving
Inside the ergonomically-designed cockpit, drivers will experience a whole new level of Human Machine Interface (HMI) design. A high-tech, user-friendly Interior Command Centre (ICC) with 8” colour touch screen puts smart technology and all the main in-car features at the drivers fingertips. And when reverse gear is selected, the screen also displays vision from the GT’s standard read view camera. As you would expect, Bluetooth, iPod & USB connectivity are also standard in the mighty Boss 335 GT.
From a safety aspect, the GT comes with driver and front passenger airbags, belt minder, curtain airbags plus front seat side thorax airbags, dynamic stability control, traction control, electronic brakeforce distribution and electronic brake assist, 4-channel anti-lock braking system and reverse sensing system.
Completing the package is the GT's bold exterior styling, including the striking Boss 335 stripe package, black chrome front grille, new sports projector headlamps, large rear wing and 19" premium 5-spoke alloy wheels with machined face and Dark Argent accents.
The iconic GT delivers true V8 performance motoring unlike any other. It certainly lives up to its name, the Boss.
Boss 5.0 litre V8
The previous 5.4 litre Boss V8 has done FPV proud and has been instrumental in the revival of the GT nameplate. However as it was unable to meet the strict Euro IV regulations that came into effect on 1st July 2010, a new engine needed to be sourced. Nicknamed "Coyote" the 5.0 litre all aluminium V8 was first seen in North America's Mustang GT in December 2009, however it has been substantially modified in FPV's V8 engine plant in Victoria for the Australian market.
335 kW (DIN) @ 5750-6000 RPM
570 Nm (DIN) @ 2200 - 5500 RPM
The new Boss V8 has a Harrop/Eaton designed HTV, 1900 front drive supercharger featuring:
- Eaton TVS 6th generation rotor set
- 1.9l per revolution displacement
- Torsional decoupler in supercharger drive shaft for optimised NVH
- PCM controlled inlet bypass valve
- Bypass operation for vacuum and boosted conditions
- It contains a new cast aluminium high flow supercharger inlet duct and 75mm electronic throttle body.
The iconic GT is now better than ever! The GT range consisting of the GT, GT-P and GT E are the ultimate V8 sedans, delivering greater low-down torque and superb power and handling.