- Boss 5.0 litre, supercharged DOHC 32 valve all aluminium V8 engine
- Maximum power (DIN) 315kW @ 5750 Maximum torque (DIN) 545Nm @ 2000-5500rpm
- Bi-modal twin pipe quad outlet exhaust system
- High series brakes (322mm front rotor with 303mm rear rotor)
- Sports cloth seats
- Performance 5-spoke 19" alloy wheels in Alpine Silver
- Reverse camera with reverse sensing system
- Interior Command Centre (ICC) with advanced 8” colour touch screen and Bluetooth, USB & iPod connectivity
- Sports projector headlamps
The FPV GS carries on a Ford tradition from 1969 when the first GS model was introduced –today as then the GS is a full-on performance car designed to deliver incredible value for money.
Nestled under the distinctive bonnet bulge is a 315kW version of FPV’s Australian developed, 5.0 supercharged, all–aluminium V8 producing a massive 545Nm of torque. Keeping the performance under control are high series sports brakes, FPV Performance independent double wishbone front suspension and Performance Control Blade independent rear suspension.
It’s your choice of a 6-speed Tremec manual gearbox or the slick ZF 6-speed auto at no extra cost.
Premium 19” 5-spoke alloy wheels in Alpine Silver, unique GS stripe graphics with Boss 315 badging tell the world this is an Aussie muscle car to be reckoned with. And if sheer looks are not enough, the note from the bi-modal quad exhausts emphatically announce the GS’s credentials.
Inside, GS drivers will experience a whole new level of Human Machine Interface (HMI) design complete with Bluetooth and iPod connectivity.
A high-tech, user-friendly Interior Command Centre (ICC) with 8” colour touch screen puts smart technology and all the main in-car functions at the driver’s fingertips and is complemented by an updated lighting package with precision designed projector headlights. Reverse camera and reverse sensing system complete the package. The GS delivers supercharged V8 performance and FPV handling and dynamics in a package that offers real value in today’s market.
Boss 5.0 litre V8
The previous 5.4 litre Boss V8 has done FPV proud and has been instrumental in the revival of the GT nameplate. However as it was unable to meet the strict Euro IV regulations that came into effect on 1st July 2010, a new engine needed to be sourced. Nicknamed "Coyote" the 5.0 litre all aluminium V8 was first seen in North America's Mustang GT in December 2009, however it has been substantially modified in FPV's V8 engine plant in Victoria for the Australian market.
- 315 kW (DIN) @ 5750rpm
- 545 Nm (DIN) @ 2000 - 5500rpm
The GS nameplate will now take pride of place in FPV's model line-up. The GS is available in both sedan and ute variants and forms the base models in the FPV Euro IV V8 range.
The new Boss V8 has a Harrop/Eaton designed HTV, 1900 front drive supercharger featuring:
- Eaton TVS 6th generation rotor set
- 1.9l per revolution displacement
- Torsional decoupler in supercharger drive shaft for optimised NVH
- PCM controlled inlet bypass valve
- Bypass operation for vacuum and boosted conditions
It contains a new cast aluminium high flow supercharger inlet duct and 75mm electronic throttle body.